Different tree problems can lead you to get Tree Trimming services Atlanta so that you can remove the problematic parts and save the whole tree in the process. Trees encounter several different problems that can affect their health. If you want to make sure that your trees look beautiful, you should also make sure that they are healthy. Here are the most common tree problems you should look out for.
- Mites – These are insects that do not only infect small plants but also the trees. The mites threaten a wide variety of plants and they thrive in places where it is warm and dry. Mites can also infest the house when they have formed colonies in the trees in your property.
- Lace Bugs – To successfully remove these insects and stop their infestation, you should be able to detect them early on. They are mostly found on broad-leaf evergreens and you will know that they are present when you see yellowish silver stippling on the leaves.
- Tent Caterpillars – These weaken the tree as well as the other plants that it infests. When they have successfully infested your tree, there is greater risk for a secondary infection. You should look out for yellow silk cocoons.
- Borers – These insects are usually found on trees that are unhealthy. They burrow inside the trunk where they lay their eggs. The tree can successfully defend itself against these insects if you keep them healthy.
- Scale Insects – These are attracted to hardwoods and you can clearly see that the tree is infested when you find abnormal leaf growth. The leaves also become yellow or red and there is also grouting of the branches observed.
- Winter Injury – Apart from the different insects that can infest your trees, the trees can also get damaged during the winter times. This is because of the lost in moisture that is needed by the tree. Make sure that your tree gets adequate moisture from the soil during these times to prevent it from dying.
- Hemlock Wooly Adelaide – Pests infestation such as this one can lead to the death of your tree if you do not treat the tree immediately. These infest older trees and it would be obvious if they are the cause of the infestation because of the white wax that they leave behind.
- Weevil Insects – These insects commonly infest fruit bearing trees or those that produce flowers. They are usually found as notches in the edges of the leaves.
- Anthracnose disease – This disease is caused by a fungi and it affects fruit bearing and flowering trees. You can tell that this is the culprit when you see spotting of foliage during the summer or spring.
- Aphid insects – These insects are pear shaped and very small. When they infest a tree, the tree will be discolored in such a way that there is a yellow tint in the leaves and branches. Defoliation is also observed.
If you learn how to spot the problem on your trees immediately, there would be a higher chance for your tree to survive the infestation or problem. You have to find a solution immediately before the problem gets worse.